This is my journey though the most powerful experience of my life. The content in my blogs are my own views and opinions and do not represent those of MaryKnoll, U.S. Government, or any related third party.

Monday, November 12, 2012

I AM

Inspiration for today:

I struggle to understand who I am. Especially when it comes down to how God created me and who He wants me to be. I believe society has created an image of who we should be and I say screw that image! It's so hard to find who you are when who you are fogged by what society says you should be...I should know....I struggle with this everyday!

But....

This morning as I sit in adoration listening to music I begin to ask God..."God who am I, who am I who am I??" over and over I ask myself who I am hoping God will fill the room with answers. Instead God fills the room with the beautiful song by Mark Schultz called I Am. Wow! As I struggle to find who I am God instead asks me to focus on who He is. It's interesting because I want so much to focus on who I am that I have lost the most important thing: who God is.

God is:
The Risen Son of Man
The Healer of the Broken
("and when you cried") I am The Savior and Redeemer
The Author and the Beggar
The Beginning and the End
The Universe
The Where you Are
The Lord of Lords
The King of Kings

Because of who God is is because of who I am. Past, Present, and Future God is still the same; although I am forever changing I can take comfort in the fact that God wants me to be the best I can be and that who I am is amazing, precious, and forever His!


So I praise God for enlightening me this morning to open me up beyond what I see on the surface and allowing me to focus on who He is. Only through that will I be led to understand more of who I am...AS A CHILD OF GOD; To love and to be loved.

1 comment:

  1. I am humbled by the fact that I am your father and that I raised you. You, Clara Glueck, are my inspiration. I love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete