This is my journey though the most powerful experience of my life. The content in my blogs are my own views and opinions and do not represent those of MaryKnoll, U.S. Government, or any related third party.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

God's path took me somewhere different

I am currently writing this post in a cute little coffee shop in Houston! Yes, I am back home. I have come to the crucial realization that sometimes our will for our lives does not align with God's will for our lives.

I find peace and comfort in the fact that God has a plan for my life, although I wish it was with Maryknoll in El Salvador, I understand that it isn't, at least for right now, and you know what...That's ok. I am a strong believer that all things happen for good and all things happen for a reason...So I now look forward to what is to come.

 I miss everyone back in New York very very much. God granted me the blessing of getting to know 12 amazing people! They have given me more than I could have ever asked for and I know they are going to do some amazing things in mission.

God is such a caring, loving, compassionate being that has surrounded me during this difficult time. If you read the post I posted a few days ago then you will see what I mean. The day I found out I was going to be going home God spoke to me in a way that prepared me for what was to come later in that day. To be in the place where I am right now, not angry, not resentful, but a little sad, and fully understanding and open is  only because of God and His sweet graces!

I now look towards the future and where God is going to lead me. If God's call is not in El Salvador with Maryknoll I can only take comfort in the fact that He has someting even greater in store for me. I'm excited to figure this out!

So, for all those who have been supporting me and praying for me during this time, I ask that you continue to support me through this difficult transition and  pray for me as I continue to search for God's will.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers Clara!

    Indeed sometimes is not clear what path God has decided for us, but as you said it is for greater things in life.

    Once upon a time I was young and I had finished school and looking for work. I applied for a job in the newspaper for a company that offered training in Italy. When I went to the place it was full of people, I almost quit and went home but decided to apply neverless. And guess what? I was called, interviewed and sent over to Italy on less than a week since I applied, were I spent the two greatest experience of my life. And I did not much believed in God but for me that was a miracle.

    ReplyDelete