This is my journey though the most powerful experience of my life. The content in my blogs are my own views and opinions and do not represent those of MaryKnoll, U.S. Government, or any related third party.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Getting closer to my departure!

To think...in a month I will be 1 week into my orientation in Ossining, NY!!!

I moved home to Spring last weekend and will be flying to NY October 6. I can't believe how time is just flying by!

Since I've last posted I have been very busy. I had an opportunity to go and speak at St. Vincent de Paul's Catholic school to the 4th and 5th graders about my call to mission work and about how they can also be missioners in their own community and classroom. I shot a video for my friend, Joe, who is the youth minister at St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton Catholic Church which he will be showing to his youth about my call to mission. I attended a Maryknoll Family Dinner at the Maryknoll house in Rice Village. While I was there I met a lot of Maryknoll Brothers and Fathers who I will be reunited with during the orientation in NY. Father Gerry, who is the Maryknoll Father that lives in the house, presented me with a poster of Oscar Romero who was the Archbishop of El Salvador before he was martyred in 1980.
I am blessed to have so much support and so many amazing opportunities before I leave that allow me to spread the word of mission work as well as the importance of mission work in our own area.
I'm looking forward to the next step in New York! I've already received my orientation schedule and can't wait to begin the preparation process.
 
Please keep me in your prayers while I say my goodbyes (or see you laters) to all of my friends and family.

4 comments:

  1. You will be missed in Houston, Clara, but we are all so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Looks great, too! I can't wait to read about your experiences! God Bless always!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!! this is just the perfect path for someone with a sweet a heart as yours.

    ReplyDelete